Thursday, November 21, 2013

Why I read

          I like to read because reading is a was to pass time if things are down or you want some entertainment. If you don't, however, read your favorite genre and read something you probrably won't like, you will not get the full enjoyment that reading other things does give you. Reading is mostly a last-ditch attempt to find something to do, especially when you come up with a case of cabinfever. Though sometimes some people are just not in the mood for reading a book, or looking at a magazine, they might want to read the newspaper, or write something. I read mostly fiction books, except for realistic fiction. It also just so happens to be that my least favorite genre is realistic fiction, and that I hate the boringness and feelings expressed in those stories. The reason fiction is my favorite is because the author has more room to make things more exciting, unlike history writers who have a single, unchangable storyline to follow. The same follows suit for realistic rfiction authors, who can make a story that probrably has not happened, but could happen which puts a tight leash on what the author can write. This is why I like to read.

6 comments:

  1. I past time by reading oin the car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have similar reasons to me! I totally agree with you

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true about more room for the writer to be more free in writing

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree with how you said you must read a book in the genra that you like if i read i book that i dont really like i find it hard to have any intrest in it

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Cabinfever" is one route that can lead to reading... I agree:) I know that sometimes reading CAN seem tedious, but if you were able to find something that you really do enjoy, maybe you wouldn't feel that way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good job of describing your genre preferences. I wonder if the possibility of exciting realistic fiction or history writing exists?

    ReplyDelete